We are fortunate to live in a time when orthodontic dental technology has made such amazing advances! If you want a straighter smile, there are several options to choose from that would allow you to reach that goal. But for many patients, traditional braces are still the best choice. Dr. Pendleton has years of experience in fitting his patients with metal braces, and we are pleased to offer this service as one of the many we provide to our Leander, TX, area patient family.
Advantages of Traditional Braces
Sometimes, older technology remains in place for good reason: it works! That is most definitely the case when it comes to traditional braces. Dr. Pendleton would like to remind his patients of some other reasons why it’s a good idea to consider traditional braces over other alternatives.
- The cost: Not only do metal style braces work well at straightening your teeth, they are less expensive than some of the other alternative treatments.
- The design: The design of traditional braces allows Dr. Pendleton more control when it comes to making the small, regular adjustments necessary to straighten teeth.
- Might be a better option for younger patients: Because metal braces cannot be removed by the patient, they might be a better choice for young patients who could be tempted to simply remove the orthodontic device and not wear it for the prescribed length of time each day.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TRADITIONAL BRACES
If you choose metal braces for you or a family member, here is some important information to keep in mind.
- Food restrictions – Patients wearing traditional braces should avoid foods that are chewy or too hard, as well as foods that might easily get stuck in your braces. Dr. Pendleton will provide you with a list of foods to avoid.
- Oral hygiene – Traditional braces can make it challenging to properly brush and floss your teeth. Fortunately, there are specially designed toothbrushes for patients wearing braces, and Dr. Pendleton can teach you the best method to use when brushing and flossing with traditional braces.
- Orthodontic visits – It’s important to visit Dr. Pendleton on a regular basis, so be sure to schedule your appointments ahead of time and make it into our office for every appointment.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
Wearing traditional braces can be challenging, but the end result is well worth it! Call our office today to schedule an appointment and find out more about getting a straighter smile!